Ghana most notorious highway robbers arrested

The Accra Regional Police Command, working together with the Eastern Regional Police Command, has arrested seven suspected members of a dangerous highway robbery gang believed to be responsible for a series of violent attacks in the Greater Accra, Eastern and Ashanti regions.

In a statement signed by Superintendent Juliana Obeng, Head of the Accra Regional Police Public Affairs Unit, and issued on Saturday, January 10, 2026, the police said the arrests followed intelligence-led investigations into a robbery incident that occurred on November 29, 2025, at a house in Peduase, Aburi.

According to the police, the suspects, who were armed with guns, attacked the residents and made away with mobile phones, jewellery and an undisclosed amount of cash.

The statement said officers from the Eastern Regional Police Intelligence Directorate, in collaboration with the Accra Regional Police, first arrested one suspect, Kofi Ishmael, on January 6, 2026, at Avenor in Accra. During interrogation, he admitted taking part in the robbery and mentioned Kwame Bediako, popularly known as Star Boy, as the leader of the gang.

Based on this information, police arrested Kwame Bediako at Ablekuma Agape. A search conducted at his residence led to the discovery of a pump-action gun hidden in a fence wall, together with four BB cartridges. Police said he also admitted involvement in several robbery cases.

Further investigations revealed that the gang had been behind a number of highway robberies targeting motorists and trailer drivers along major roads, including the Tema Motorway, Achimota Forest Road, Pokuase, Amasaman, Suhum, Nkawkaw, and the Juaso–Kumasi stretch. Police added that the suspects were preparing to carry out another robbery at the time they were arrested.

The seven suspects currently in custody are Salia Mohammed, also known as Kwaku Nuah, aged 27; Kofi Ishmael, also known as Ishmael Addo or Kofi Ketewa, aged 32; Kwame Bediako, also known as Star Boy or Nkokorpor, identified as the gang leader; Kwadwo Kalovi, also known as Aticho; Mumuni Abdul Razak, also known as Mogambo, aged 39; Kwasi Akambuley, also known as Kwasi Fresh, aged 27; and Kwame Bonsu, also known as Killer Ntua. One of the suspects is receiving medical treatment under police guard.

Police investigations have linked the suspects to several earlier robbery cases, including attacks on market women and motorists, as well as a robbery incident in which a driver was killed. The police also disclosed that some of the suspects had previously jumped bail in cases that are still pending before the courts.

Items retrieved during the operations include firearms, ammunition, machetes, knives, mobile phones and other items believed to be proceeds of crime. Police say investigations are ongoing to arrest other accomplices who are still on the run.

The Regional Police Command has assured the public of its determination to fight crime and has appealed to anyone with useful information to report to the nearest police station…CONTINUE MORE READING>>>

Leave a Reply

Back to top button