Sports

Four suspects involved in Asante Kotoko and Nations FC game disturbance identified

The Ghana Football Association says it has, in collaboration with the security services, identified four suspects involved in the Nations FC and Asante Kotoko disturbances over the weekend.

Some fans that attended the Porcupine Warriors’ 1-0 home loss to their city-rivals stopped the match officials from going into the dressing room at the break over unsatisfaction with certain decisions in the game.

The GFA charged the club over misconduct at the start of the week and has now confirmed four suspects have been identified to help in investigations.

“The Committee has taken the matter up, and is liaising with the Kumasi Regional Police Command to bring persons responsible for the aforementioned acts to book,” a GFA statement on Wednesday said.

“So far, four suspects have been identified and it is expected that they will cooperate fully with the Police in their investigations.

“Persons responsible for these disturbances at match venues cannot be allowed to tarnish the image of the game.

“The Football Association remains committed to uprooting the canker of violence at match venues out of Ghana Football.”

READ ALSO:  (Image): Three Chelsea players among top 10 with biggest market value drops this season

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!